Thursday 30 July 2015

Top 3 Eye Liners


Black eye liner is a staple for anyone, whether you prefer gel, liquid or pencil. I've collected my three favourite black eye liners, choosing a ge, liquid and pencil and they all happen to be drugstore items! Hopefully if any of you are on the hunt for a new black liner but have a preference for a certain type, this post should give you something to add to your makeup list.

 
GEL
MAYBELLINE BLACK STUDIO GEL LINER

For £7.99, this Maybelline Black Gel Liner is a big favourite for a drugstore gel liner and it works just as good as any high-end gel liner! It also comes with a brush, which I actually found quite difficult to use so I prefer my Zoeva Winged Liner brush, but I'm sure you could find a purpose for the Maybelline brush.

This pot has lasted me for 2 years, and you can see that I still have plenty of product left to go through. It also hasn't dried up on me - the only thing with gel liners is that they're easier to use in Summer opposed to Winter because of the hot weather making the gel more fluid. However, if my gel liner is ever hard in the colder months, rubbing my liner brush back and forth into the product normally warms it up.

The liner glides onto the eyes and appears pitch black, whilst lasting amazingly throughout the day. After having this on my hand for only 5 minutes and then wiping it off, it left the most prominent stain in comparison to my liquid and pencil liner. If you're looking for a form of black liner to do things such as winged liner, I'd recommend gel liner as the easiest to use because it is easy to control and you have time to work with it on the eyes!

LIQUID
NYC BLACK LIQUID LINER
This NYC Black Liquid Liner is hyped up in the States, so I purchased it while I was in New York and I've already fell in love. Before this, I hadn't found the perfect thin brush in a liquid liner which I could use over my winged liner to make it extra precise and sharp. This one by NYC does just that, whilst making my winged liner super black and perfect. The only place to purchase it in the UK is Superdrug for £2.49, bargain!
It has great lasting power, so you don't have to worry about it flaking off during the day. This liquid liner is also perfect if you ever want to do a thin line of eye liner across the upper lash line, just to add slight definition so the eyelashes look thicker. Other liner styles like extended inner corners and Arabian eye makeup can be achieved with this thin brush also.
The brush tip itself isn't too long either, so you can have control whilst doing your eye liner. I normally wipe off the excess liquid off the brush tip, and apply it onto the eyes so it doesn't get messy or make a thick line. It's always best to start your liner thin, and then build it up to be thicker if you wish!
PENCIL
BARRY M BLACK BOLD WATERPROOF EYE LINER

For anyone who likes to create their eye liner with a pencil or loves to put black liner in the water line/lower lash line, then you will LOVE this pencil! I have tried SO many black eye liner pencils, ranging from MAC to L'Oreal and being a mixture of both high-end and drugstore. However I've struggled to find a black pencil that will stay in my waterline all day, because they all appear fab and black when you first apply them but my waterline always seemed pretty much bare by the end of the day. This Barry M one however was the answer to everything!

Not only is it pitch black, the liner is waterproof so if you have watery eyes like me or you have fears of crying in the day, this liner wont budge from your waterline, lower lashline, anywhere! It's also really creamy and so can easily be used as an alternative to gel or liquid liner if you want to create a winged cat eye, you just need a good sharpener!

Like the other two liners, this black pencil is a bargain £3.99 available at most drugstores - I'm so tempted to try the other colours because the formula and pigmentation of this eye liner pencil is amazing. Maybe give this black eye liner pencil a go and see how it compares to any high-end ones you own?

TOP - Maybelline Gel Liner
MIDDLE - NYC Liquid Liner
BOTTOM - Barry M Pencil

 I hope you all found this post helpful and maybe can add some of these liners to your list of makeup to buy and try out, or even if you're in the need of a new eye liner and now have some possible ideas. If any of you have good eye liner recommendations, definitely let me know in the comments below, on my Instagram @fabuleusebeauty my Twitter @amreetsarai or email amreetsarai@hotmail.com - I'd love to try more out!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment