Thursday 9 July 2015

New York Beauty Haul

As you can imagine, I was dying over all the makeup and beauty goods in the USA which we can't get over here in the UK. However, I did visit New York in February 2014 when I went pretty nuts with the makeup shopping - so during my trip a few weeks ago, I refrained myself from going crazy and only bought things that I couldn't get in the UK or was a lot cheaper in the States! I haven't used any of these products yet, since I've been waiting to take the pictures for this blog post and so I won't be able to give any reviews, but I should have reviews up soon and will be trying them out in my Instagram looks @fabuleusebeauty


MAC

MAC 'Rose' Fix +


The new scented range of Fix + sprays has just released in the USA, and I'm pretty sure they haven't released in the UK yet! SO since I am pretty much down to 2 ml of my ordinary Fix + and am nearly finished, I thought I'd take advantage of the new range and pick up a scented bottle! There were 5 scents, but Rose was a classic fragrance and became my chosen pick.

MAC 'Whirl' Lipstick



The new Matte Lip Collection was also a current release in the USA, and the cult favourite Whirl Lip Liner has been made into a lipstick?! I did try every MAC store to find the actual Whirl Lip Liner, but I had no luck, however I did manage to get the lipstick! It has more of a burnt mauve and brown colour in person, but its gorgeous and a great creamy matte.

BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE

NYX 'Cannes' Soft Matte Lip Cream



In a small Beauty Supply Store in Brooklyn, we found some fab brands that they don't have in normal drugstores like NYX, L.A. Girl and more! They had an amazing selection of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and I own a couple myself, so I know that they're great lipsticks. I picked up the colour 'Cannes' because its similar to the pinky brown shade that is popular in all makeup trends at the moment.

L.A. Girl 'Dreamy' Matte Pigment Gloss



I became addicted with liquid lipsticks with regards to makeup shopping on this trip, so I saw the L.A. Girl range and picked up a safe nude shade. Hopefully its not too drying, but the pigment seemed really good for the price!

URBAN OUTFITTERS

BH Cosmetics Concealer & Corrector Palette



The Urban Outfitters in the USA is AMAZING, I'd highly recommend you take a trip there if you're ever in the States because they stock great brands that you can normally only get online?! Some being Limecrime, Mario Badescu and BH Cosmetics - I grabbed the Concealer and Corrector Palette for an amazing price of $7-$8. The honest reason why I bought the palette was for the orange corrector shade, but I'll experiment with the other correctors and concealers too and see how they go!

SEPHORA

Too Faced 'Melted Chihuahua' Liquified Lipstick



I had to pick up 'Melted Chihuahua' from the Too Faced Melted range, especially since this shade in particular is a new release and is so hard to find. It's a lot more of a deep mauve shade in person, but I'm aiming to wear it out soon and hope that it dries matte and lasts a long time! However from first impressions, the lipstick has a great creamy consistency and pigment.

Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Dark Brown' Brow Wiz



When the Brow Wiz first released I loved it to lightly fill in brows. Although when I finished it, I moved onto the newer release being the Dipbrow Pomade which was also great, but it was much more time consuming to apply. Therefore, I bought a new Brow Wiz and will use it for my lazy brow days!

Kat Von D 'Jeffree' Liquid Lipstick



I don't own anything from Kat Von D and I REALLY wanted the hyped 'Lolita' Liquid Lipstick, but as you can probably imagine, it was sold out in every Sephora.. So I decided to buy a bright pinky coral shade, which is different from all my other liquid lipsticks and will be great for Summer - look out for it featuring in one of my Sunday Selfies on Instagram soon!

Sephora '14 Blackberry Sorbet' Cream Lip Stain



Since I am totally in love with my 'Marvelous Mauve' and 'Always Red' Cream Lip Stains by Sephora, I decided to grab another shade and this time went for a deep berry. I don't have any liquid lipsticks in this sort of shade, and since the Sephora ones have amazing lasting power, I know this will be great in Winter since it requires no fuss or reapplying!

WALGREENS / DUANE REEDE

Maybelline 'Neutraliser' Instant Age Rewind Concealer



I haven't wanted this concealer for so long, probably ever since I started watching Youtube over 3 years ago.. So on this New York trip I took the plunge and bought it! I was struggling with the decision of whether to buy the 'Light' shade and the 'Neutraliser' shade, however 'Neutraliser' seemed a tad more yellow and my foundations are pretty yellow, so hopefully it'll work out well and live up to the hype!

Maybelline 'Clear' Great Lash Mascara


I bought one of these in February 2014 when I last went to New York, and since then it has worked as a GREAT brow gel and is almost finished. Therefore it was only right to buy another!

Jordana 'Baby Berry' and 'Tawny' Lip Liners

Top - Baby Berry
Bottom - Tawny


Top - Tawny
Bottom - Baby Berry
Like the Maybelline Clear Mascara, I bought these two lip liners the last time I went to New York - I love them as everyday colours, but my old ones have ran out! So I bought a few more and I'd highly recommend them as they're only $1.99?!

NYC 'Black' Liquid Liner


I bought this liquid liner purely because all the American Youtubers I watch hype about it and claim it as their favourite liquid liner. So I thought why not give it a go? I sometimes prefer to tidy up my winged liner with a liquid liner, because its a lot easier to get clean crisp lines, so I'll let you all know how I get on with it!

BATH AND BODY WORKS

Anti-Bacterial Hand Gels 


I bought these on my last trip to New York and had to stock up this time round. Bath and Body Works do loads and loads of variations and fragrances of these mini hand sanitisers, and they normally do the awesome deal of 5 for $5! They smell amazing and are my favourite sanitisers - I wish we had Bath and Body Works in the UK!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment