Thursday 26 March 2015

REVIEW & SWATCHES: Sephora Cream Lip Stains

A friend of mine recently went to Paris, France and I begged them to get me some Sephora Cream Lip Stains - people rave about them saying theyre amazing alternatives to expensive liquid lipsticks such as Anastasia Beverly Hills, Stila, Kat Von D etc!
They are a liquid formula of a thick cream, similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams but a bit thinner, and are opaque like a lipstick. The best part about them is their staying power - since they dry completely matte, you can eat, drink and kiss and the colour will stay on for HOURS!
The two shades I have are:
13 Marvelous Mauve
01 Always Red




13 Marvelous Mauve




01 Always Red




After wearing them for around 8 hours, I can honestly say that the staying power of these is AMAZING. I ate food (a hefty burger that is) and had drinks all day, did lots of talking, but the lipstick stayed on so so well. Just out of being cautious, I retouched the lipstick in the very centre of my lips where it had faded slightly from drinking and eating constantly. But I could have easily got away with no reapplying!

The staying power comes from the matte finish - when you first apply the lipstick it is in a cream/shiny form but dries within a minute! The matte feeling isn't drying at all, so it doesn't break up on the lips during the day - my MAC Ruby Woo is so unpleasantly matte that it cracks up and looks horrible. So the smooth matte look was a big plus!

From the pictures, you can see that the colour isn't patchy and is completely opaque - another positive! So a lip liner isn't essential with these lipsticks. My only negative is that I wish 'Marvelous Mauve' was A BIT less purple and a tad more pink... But that's just me being picky about colours!! I still love the shade as a step up from wearing a nude lipstick, and if you pair it with MAC Soar Lip Pencil it can appear more pink! 'Always Red' however is the perfect red, it is hands down my new favourite. I personally don't own a red lipstick that I know will stay perfect all day, so I normally stay away from them when doing my makeup to avoid the hassle - but now that I have 'Always Red', its perfect!

For $13 each, that's around £8 so drugstore prices!! The nearest Sephora to the UK will have to be France (I still don't know why we don't have Sephora ergh), however Sephora do ship to the UK so you can always buy them directly from the site.

I hope this post was useful for anyone looking for an affordable liquid lipstick or are interested in the Sephora Cream Lip Stains - I'm desperate to try out more colours...


xoxo


2 comments:

  1. OMG I love Marvelous Mauve and have been wanting to try it for ages, but its difficult to get in the UK, so I'll try the sephora US website. My skin tone is quite similar to yours, so you've sold me on getting it! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete