Thursday 2 April 2015

Is MAC Fix + Worth The Hype?

MAC's Fix + is hyped up all over YouTube in many makeup tutorials, and a few years ago I listened to all the rave and bought the spray myself. So today I'll let you know if I think it's worth the hype...



MAC describes it as a spray to ' add radiance' and 'finish makeup' which it definitely does! I wouldn't say that its a spray to help keep your makeup on for longer - a good spray for that purpose would be the Urban Decay Setting Spray - although MAC Fix + is amazing at making your skin look flawless.

When applying our base makeup, the skincare plus foundation plus concealer plus powder can all tend to build up and look 'cakey'. Of course there are techniques to buff in makeup to make it look like real skin, but I always find that my base has a powdery appearance once I'm finished. Even things like our bronzer, blush and highlight can look like its sitting on top of our skin?! BUT MAC Fix + can change all of that...

Once I'm finished with my entire makeup, I close my eyes and spritz the spray all over my face - normally around 3/4 spritzes. At first, it'll feel like your face is soaking wet, and it pretty much is! But the water dries within a minute and it takes away any uneven texture on your skin, that may have happened from powder! Apparently it contains fab minerals and vitamins, but somehow it blends in your makeup to look flawless and radiant.

I've had this bottle for AGES and as you can see, I'm nearly at the bottom, but it has lasted me so long!! I don't use it every single day because I don't wear liquid foundation to school, although every time that I wear heavier makeup to go out, I have to spray MAC Fix + to finish it off! You can also use it to dampen any makeup sponge to blend in makeup, or on eye shadow brushes to apply stronger and more vibrant pigment. I always use this method when I'm using a shimmer or brightly coloured eye shadow and I want it to pop!

Before spraying MAC Fix +

After spraying MAC Fix +

After spraying MAC Fix +

I'm not sure if you'll be able to see the difference in the pictures... But you'll have to trust me!! If you ever feel like your makeup looks 'cakey' or too heavy on your skin, then MAC Fix + will change all of that! Maybe go into a MAC store/counter and spritz your face with Fix + and see if you notice any difference?

I can't find the full size Fix + on the MAC site ergh, but I found the travel size! Otherwise just go into a MAC store/counter and you'll easily find a bottle to purchase.

I hope this helps anyone who has been debating whether to purchase Fix + or not!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment