Saturday 4 April 2015

Easy & Matte Glitter Nail Polish

This blog post is my entry for the Superdrug Exclusives competition.
I LOVE glitter nail polish but removing it drives me insane - doing the foil technique takes me around half an hour or longer?! However Models Own recently came out with their Velvet Goth Collection, nail polishes that are described as having a '2D finish and intense matte yet sparkly colour'. Normal glitter polishes are quite thick and chunky, but the formula of these is like any ordinary nail polish - thin and easy to apply! You can easily get an opaque intensity with one coat, but I used two coats to increase longevity.
The shade that I own is 'Amethyst'.









For £5.00 a bottle, these polishes are amazing?! As mentioned before, when you apply the polish it appears like any ordinary polish (thin liquid formula) but then dries to a matte finish. I prefer this formula MUCH more than ordinary glitter nail polish because normal ones aren't that opaque and require a base polish underneath. These from the Models Own Velvet Goth collection however are simple to use and can be removed as easy as any other nail polish!

I felt like experimenting, so I applied a normal top coat over the polish to see how it looked when glossy!







I'm still not sure about whether I prefer the matte look or the glossy look, I love both... Although the good thing with these nail polishes is that you have the option of it being either matte or glossy, so it can suit your preference either way.

There are a bunch more colours to choose from in the Velvet Goth Collection, I'd highly recommend checking them out in Superdrug stores or online - maybe google some more swatches! I'm definitely going to purchase some more, since I'll never have to tackle the hassle of glitter nail polish again.

I also realised that 'Amethyst' is super similar to OPI's 'Merry Midnight', which is one of my all time favourite nail polishes. In the light, the purple glitter flecks in 'Amethyst' come off slightly pink/red, so the two polishes look so alike!





I hope this blog post has helped anyone who is on the hunt for a simple glitter polish that has the benefit of looking both matte and glossy - check out Superdrug for more colours!!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment