Thursday 23 April 2015

My School Makeup Routine


YES, I am still at school - If you live in the UK, I'm in Year 13! But this is my last year of being in school, before I go to University, so I thought I'd show you all my step-by-step routine that I do every morning (I wore my school uniform too, extra snazzy). This routine takes me around 10-15 minutes, but sometimes I can be quicker or take longer if I feel like adding in extra steps.
This is just how I like to do my school makeup MYSELF, its what makes me feel confident, some people may want to wear more than I do, less or nothing at all - I'm just showing this for those who are interested, its all personal preference.



This is the first time I'm putting a picture of myself with NO makeup on the internet, scary moment... But as you can see, the main things I normally want to do with my school makeup is cover the dark circles and add a bit more colour into my face - but obviously I do other things because I love applying makeup! Before you start your makeup, always have cleansed skin that is moisturised and apply some eye cream!


1. CONCEAL




Concealer literally transforms my face, its the one makeup item I'd have to take to a desert island! I use the LA Girl Pro Conceal in 'Natural' and apply some under my eyes, under my nose where I get redness and on the centre of my nose, also because of redness. Feel free to conceal any blemishes you have, I normally can't be bothered for school but its up to you! I then pat and blend my concealer into the skin with my ring finger, which is the quickest way I've found.


2. FOUNDATION





The main reason I use foundation is to even out my skin tone and to add a BIT of colour, otherwise I look like a ghost, but I prefer to use the Bare Minerals Original Foundation in 'Medium Beige' because you cant even see it on the skin. As you can see, I use a TINY amount and I buff it all over the skin, super quick with a RT Buffing Brush. If you have problematic skin or would like full coverage, you can always apply more or go for a liquid foundation.


3. SET





To prevent my concealer creasing and my face getting shiny, I always set with a translucent powder - at the moment I've been loving the NYC 'Translucent' Loose Powder. To set concealer I use a RT Setting Brush and for the rest of my face I use a Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face Brush, but with only a small dusting of powder. The powder is completely colourless and makes the face look matte, but not cakey, which I love!


4. BLUSH




I NEVER go to school without blush, I look dead and lifeless if I don't have it on - concealer and blush are AMAZING at making you look healthy and alive so I'd recommend you never skip them! My favourite is Milani 'Luminoso' Blush with a MAC 129 brush. I apply a light amount onto the apples of my cheeks (smile when applying) and I swirl it back up towards my hair- if you feel like pink blushes make you look too rosy, then try a peach blush like this one.


5. BROWS





Most days I don't fill in my brows, some days I'll apply a bit of eye shadow in any gaps, some days I'll even get out my dipbrow pomade - it depends on the time I have, my energy and how my brows look. Brows are 100% personal preference so fill them or don't fill them! However, I ALWAYS run my Maybelline 'Clear' Great Lash Mascara through them to stop them from falling down during the day (my brow hairs are pretty thick and long).


6. MASCARA




My mascara of the moment is always changing, but right now I'm loving Benefit Roller Lash for length and definition! Feel free to also curl your lashes for ultimate hold during the day.


7. LIPS





The easiest thing on a daily basis for school is lip balm, so I normally go for simple chapstick! Although if you're looking to add colour that is similar to the natural shade of your lips, MAC 'Twig' Lipstick is a great brown-pink lipstick which I sometimes dab all over the lips and then pat it in.


FINISHED LOOK



I hope you all enjoyed this step-by-step school makeup routine! Please remember that this is just what I myself like to do on a daily basis, but everyone has their own choice to wear less or more - do whatever makes you feel confident and happy when you go to school.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment