Thursday 16 April 2015

Top 5 Lip Balms


Dry, chapped lips aren't too fab... Whether you suffer from dry skin or just HATE the feeling of dry lips, lip balm is essential and over the years I've found some amazing lip balms! I have favourites for hydration, nourishment and pigment, so hopefully I'll mention one perfect for everyone. Smooth lips are also crucial when applying lipstick (especially matte), so always be sure to apply lip balm at the beginning of your makeup to ensure smooth lips by the time you do your lipstick.

1. LIP GLAM




My number ONE lip balm is 100% the Lip Glam Natural Lip Balm. I've never come across anything like it - it hydrates, nourishes and doesn't need to be reapplied for HOURS. Majority of lip balms soak into the lips but then need reapplying after 30 minutes to an hour. This lip balm however will stay stuck onto your lips so you wont be feeling desperate for lip balm so quickly.

The lip balm is SUPER thick - it can be quite tricky to squeeze out the tube when you're in freezing weather! But when applied to the lips it spreads out into a thinner consistency, so the layer sticks on but doesn't feel tacky. If you suffer from really dry lips or are after a lip balm that stays on for AGES, then I'd highly recommend this - it does everything that you could want! It also looks great on top of drying lip liners/lipsticks since it gives a gorgeous glossy finish.


2. PIXI SHEA BUTTER





I've never tried a Pixi product before this but I was seriously surprised at how much I LOVE this lip balm. Its the most nourishing lip balm I own, that gives instant moisture feeling so creamy on the lips. The nourishing feeling also lasts for ages and leaves your lips feeling amazingly soft. The shade I have is 'Honey Nectar', which is actually a gorgeous nude shade for everyday wear. The pigment is pretty sheer though so its not too intense - the perfect amount for a lip balm.

The Shea Butter in this lip balm is obviously the key secret behind the moisture, so if you're looking for a lip balm that feels creamy smooth and leaves your lips baby soft, give this one a go! (Also check out their other colours to find the perfect shade for you).


3. NOUGAT LONDON





 When my lips are seriously dry and cracked all over, I love to use some sort of overnight treatment to penetrate maximum moisture and hydration. My favourite has to be the Nougat London Lip Treatment. In the pot it feels like a semi-solid paste, but then melts once applied onto the lips and creates a nice thick layer. By the morning it will have sunk into the lips, leaving a smooth texture and removing any chapped lines. I also love to use this when I do my makeup and need some serious moisturise - I just apply a smaller amount!

I struggled to find a link for this product online (I received it in a Nougat London gift set ages ago), so try searching around or give the Nougat London Lip Balm a go - its thinner in texture but still gives great moisture!


4. CARMEX




Carmex has been a big favourite of mine for ages, but even though its now 4th on my Top 5 I'd still highly recommend it! Its similar to the Lip Glam but thinner in consistency, so its really good at providing instant hydration. When I was on medication for my Acne 3 years ago, my whole body completely dried out and I used to live off of Carmex. It helped my crazy dry lips so much compared to the usuals like Vaseline, whilst providing a cool tingly feeling!

You can purchase Carmex at any local drugstore, but defo get the Cherry flavour because it smells SO good! It also comes in a pot form, which I like a tad better because its a bit thicker than the tube version, but pots don't work well with long nails so if that's the case, go with the tube.


5. MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS





The last lip balm in my Top 5 is added for great pigment, the Maybelline Baby Lips. My favourite shade is 'Cherry Me' because I find that its a nice sheer wash of colour, that isn't too bright. I have 4 other Baby Lips but I hardly wear them because I find the shades to be too bold - when I wear a tinted lip balm, I want the colour to be subtle and flattering. 'Cherry Me' is a deep red that is similar to the normal flushed colour of the lips, so it doesn't come across as too bold, but the colour allows you to look less washed out.

The lip balm itself provides great nourishment for soft lips, but can easily come off when eating, drinking etc. so you may need to reapply! But if you need a lip balm that still gives you a nice everyday lip colour, then the 'Cherry Me' Baby Lips is perfect!

I hope this was helpful for those who haven't managed to find the perfect lip balm yet or feel like experimenting with some new ones - lip balm is a staple skincare item so never forget to apply it!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment