Thursday 30 April 2015

HOW TO: Lighten Brows With Makeup

Ever since I watched Nicole Guerriero's YouTube video on how she lightens her brows with bleach, I was so so tempted to do it because I realised how thick black brows against black hair can look a bit harsh. I then studied all my selfies and felt that I HAD to do it, because brown brows would apparently give a softer look. However Farah Dhukai saved all my problems with her video using the MAC 'Beguille' Brow Set - which allowed her to transform her brows from black to brown! As soon as I watched it, I bought the brow set straight away...






Essentially, it is a tinted brow gel. When I first saw it in MAC, I was kind of thrown off by the shimmering specs I could see but I trusted what I saw in Farah's video and took the plunge by buying it. Luckily I was so pleased with the results!

Without the Beguille Brow Set

With the Beguille Brow set

Without the Beguille Brow Set

With the Beguille Brow Set
You can lightly apply the brow gel through your brow hairs to lightly tint them, or do a couple coats to lighten them completely brown and actually fill your brows in. You can't see any shimmer or glitter on your brows - I'm thinking the reflective look in the tube is what makes the brow hairs look so 3D! It can get quite messy (which you can see from my close up picture) but a bit of concealer will do the trick, and make your brows look extra crisp.

Left - Without the Beguille Brow Set
Right - With the Beguille Brow Set

Left - Without the Beguille Brow Set
Right - With the Beguille Brow Set
With both full face pictures, you can see that the brown brows make my face look a lot softer and less harsh against my dark hair. On a daily basis I use a clear brow gel - I only ever use the 'Beguille' Brow Set when my brows are super thick and need softening in colour, OR when I'm doing a bold makeup look and feel like my dark brows are over powering my entire face.

Of course, dark brows aren't a bad thing and I love having dark brows, its just that sometimes they can look a bit too intense when I fill them in and my small face then looks over whelmed with crazy brows. I'd highly recommend the MAC 'Beguille' Brow Set for those who have black brow hairs and want to get them to a medium brown - the MAC Brow Set overall is a great tinted brow gel and you should definitely check out the other colours for your own needs! Bleaching your brows could potentially turn them orange, so stay away!! I hope you all enjoyed this post, and thank you Farah Dhukai for the amazing beauty secret.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment