Thursday 16 July 2015

The Best Products for Dry Skin



Over the exam period, the dry patches on my skin became out of control. Sometimes I'd manage to get rid of them, but then other times they'd come back and always feel dry no matter how much moisturiser I'd use. It then started affecting my makeup, since my foundation would cling to these dry patches and it was pretty much a mess on my face. From experimenting and testing products out, I've collected a little group of the best skincare items that helped me tackle my dry skin, and will hopefully help those who also have dry skin/patches or just like to feel moisturised!

MAKEUP REMOVER
RMK CLEANSING BALM


This cleansing balm is amazing for both efficient makeup removal and to moisturise the skin. A number of makeup removers and cleansers can strip the skin of it's oils and leave a dehydrated feeling, and if you have dry skin that's the last thing you want! With this, you scoop a grape size amount into your hands and massage it onto your face of makeup, and then add some water to emulsify it. This breaks down the makeup really easy and has oil within it, which leaves the skin smooth.

No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make Up Remover



For removing eye makeup and toughies like waterproof mascara and eye liner, the No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Makeup Remover is half oil half water, which when shaken up dissolves makeup easily whilst leaving the eyes hydrated. These makeup removers are essential for those with dry skin, since the half part oil prevents any stripping of the skin's oils.

CLEANSER

Soap & Glory Deep Cleansing Milk

Sadly I ran out of my moisturising cleanser and don't have a picture, however I have to mention it since it's the only good cleanser I've found for dry skin. It is the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk - super long name, but a great cleanser that doesn't leave your skin feeling tight and overly clean. The aspect of it being a milky cleanser is great for those with dry skin, since it leaves the skin feeling supple and plump, but still clean!

TONER

Dr. Jart Water-Act Skin Mist



The Dr. Jart Hydrating Mist is great at toning the skin, in the easiest way possible, but also leaving the skin hydrated and refreshed. Many acid toners can strip all oils from the skin and cause dry skin to become even worse, but this mist is great for use after cleansing in order to keep hydration within the skin.

MOISTURISER

Re-Gen Cream


This moisturiser has been hyped up by Youtubers Zoella and In The Frow's Victoria, so one day I decided to give it a try! Turns out that it's a light-weight cream, that deeply penetrates into the skin and is great for dry and dehydrated skin! It doesn't leave you with a greasy feeling since it actually absorbs into the skin, so you'll definitely be able to see a difference.

TREATMENTS & OILS

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster


I have this little sample from Dermalogica, which I found to work really well on small dry patches! You do need to keep reapplying it throughout the day and over the course of a few days, in order to see your dry patches minimise, but I'd recommend trying to get your hands on a sample to give it a go.

Botanicals Boutique Nourishing Skin Rejuvenator


Botanicals Boutique were kind enough to send me this product, and they sent it at the perfect time of me going through my crazy dry patch suffering. I've found this to be the perfect night time treatment, as it can be a bit too oily on the skin if you wear it out during the day. Therefore, after I've cleansed and toned at night time before bed, I'll massage a few dots of this oil onto my damp skin and by the morning my skin is super soft and nourished.

Ole Henriksen Youth Activating Oil


If you're looking for a hydrating day time oil, this one by Ole Henriksen is a perfect light-weight oil that absorbs into the skin instantly and doesn't leave any greasy feeling. The one I have is a sample size, however I'll definitely purchase the full size since its a great alternative for a day moisturiser if you're after deep skin penetration and nourishment in a short amount of time.

MASKS

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque


These two masks from Ren and Dermalogica are my favourite hydrating masks. Both are samples, and both are empty... Purely because they helped my dry skin extremely well, so I'll have to buy full sizes soon! They have similar gel-like textures which you apply onto the skin so it can absorb and hydrate the skin. Once rinsed off, your skin will feel so smooth its amazing!


I hope this post has been useful for anyone with dry skin or dry patches! If anyone has questions, feedback or recommendations for future blog posts, please leave them in the comments below.
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. At SkinQ, our mantra is that everyone deserves to have healthy and beautiful skin. SkinQ Sensitive Skin Products offers a range of hydrated skin products like hydrating serums, moisturisers & other skincare products that help to refresh & repair your skin. With active ingredients that soothe inflammation & hydrating properties.

    ReplyDelete