Thursday 21 May 2015

All About The Beauty Blender

From my previous blog posts, you might be able to tell that I LOVE my Beauty Blender for liquid foundation and concealer - it allows you to achieve a flawless finish on the skin, and nowadays I don't even use any foundation brushes or concealer brushes, only my Beauty Blender!
Although, I do get a lot of questions on how to use the Beauty Blender and how to wash it, so I thought I'd do a blog post showing you how.

HOW TO USE

A lot of people tell me how they're shocked at how small the Beauty Blender is when they receive it. BUT the trick is to dampen it so it expands and can then bounce on the skin. If you use a Beauty Blender dry, it'll soak up all the product on your face and be useless?!


I prefer to literally soak my Beauty Blender under a tap of running water - continuously squeeze it under the running water so it expands to its maximum size. The wetter the better!
Sometimes I'll squeeze it every second, other times I'll let the water run into the sponge for a few seconds and then squeeze and repeat. You can't really go wrong, just keep squeezing it under the water.
After approx. 20 seconds, turn off the tap and squeeze out all the excess water from the sponge. This will allow the Beauty Blender to fully expand, so it will be spongy and damp to use with liquid products.
DRY Beauty Blender

DAMP Beauty Blender
When you use it with your makeup, there isn't really a right or wrong way.
Sometimes I will apply my liquid foundation with a brush, and then bounce over my skin with the damp Beauty Blender to blend out any streaks and to pick up excess foundation. When using it on the entire face, I use the round bottom base of the Beauty Blender since it has a pretty large surface area. Lately, I've been dotting my liquid foundation directly onto my skin with my finger and then using the damp Beauty Blender alone to blend out the product. I reckon I could happily throw away all my foundation brushes right now - the Beauty Blender gives such a seamless blend to the foundation, and its so quick to do!
For concealer, I apply it under my eyes with either the product applicator or my finger and then using the pointed top of the Beauty Blender, go from the sides of my nose and blend outwards. I then continue to go back and forth under my eyes, looking up, so it blends out the concealer flawlessly and gets rid of any creases. If I'm honest, I find concealer brushes useless unless I'm using it to conceal blemishes, but for under the eyes the Beauty Blender is the fastest tool to get that flawless under eye.
HOW TO WASH


When I received my Beauty Blender, it came with a mini version of their solid cleanser which is like a bar of soap. I have also tried washing it with baby shampoo and it works perfectly fine, but I feel like the solid cleanser gives a deeper clean a lot quicker. BUT if you wash your Beauty Blender regularly with baby shampoo, it wont be a problem.


Begin by doing the same thing when you use your Beauty Blender normally - soak it under running water and squeeze continuously. Once fully expanded, turn off the tap and squeeze the excess water out of the sponge.



As I said before, I only use the base of the Beauty Blender to blend out liquid foundation on my entire face and the tip of the Beauty Blender to blend out concealer. So I work those dirty areas of the sponge into the solid cleanser soap, swirling the Beauty Blender into it until I can see the dirty areas becoming slightly white with soap. If you're using baby shampoo or even dish wash soap, just squeeze a 10p sized amount onto the sponge.



You then want to rub and massage the soap into the Beauty Blender, whilst also squeezing it out. You should see coloured liquid appearing that will look like your foundation or concealer, but you may also see some pink pigment being squeezed out - which is perfectly normal, it's just the pigment of the sponge being washed out from such a deep clean. Keep massaging the soap into the sponge so you can see white bubbles appearing, whilst rubbing in the areas where there's more pigment from makeup.


Then, simply soak the Beauty Blender under a tap of running water and continuously squeeze, so you can see the soap squeezing out. Keep squeezing until you don't see soapy bubbles appearing in your sink water anymore!



Lastly, turn off the tap and squeeze out any excess water to be left with a clean Beauty Blender!

I can't stress enough about how important it is to wash your Beauty Blender regularly, otherwise you could ruin it! By looking at my Beauty Blender, I can normally tell if it needs cleaning or not, but it's probably best to wash it after 5-7 uses.
My mum uses hers every single day and I'm normally the one who washes hers... BUT because I don't use mine every day and don't need to wash it as often, hers doesn't get washed as much as it should. I washed hers the other day and I noticed how compared to mine, hers is now a light pink instead of a deep pink and doesn't expand as large.

Left - Mine
Right - My Mum's
As you can see, hers is a different shade of pink and is a tad smaller (both are soaked and have expanded to their maximum) so make sure you wash your Beauty Blender regularly!!


I hope this post was helpful, if you have any other questions about the Beauty Blender then feel free to ask in the comments below or on my Instagram @fabuleusebeauty


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Beauty Blender, the little spongy hot-pink egg that has flipped and reversed our whole makeup method, in the best way possible. Beauty Blender Dubai | Real Techniques Brushes In Dubai

    ReplyDelete