Thursday 5 February 2015

REVIEW & SWATCHES: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette



Never in my life have I seen an eye shadow palette like this one?! I received it as a gift from my Mum for Christmas and I have no clue how she managed to get her hands on it, but she did!

I have the Hourglass Modernist Palette in the shade 'Infinity' which is one of the warmer palettes out of the range, but is the best one for me. As you can see, it comes with five eye shadows - this one having 4 mattes and 1 shimmer in the middle. I forced myself not to use it until I featured it in a blog post, since the amazing 3D ripple effect of the shadows will soon go once I've used it a ton. So for now we can admire the palette's beauty...











In terms of packaging and presentation, the palette is a 10/10 and is a standout from all the others on the market. Although, alongside the amazing packaging is a high price! I will link the product here - Space NK is a great site and is the only one in the UK that stocks the palette.

From swatching the shades, they seemed a bit chalky because of the 3D textured effect. For that reason I couldn't get a smooth application on my fingers, but from testing them out on my eyes with a brush, they apply seamlessly! As well as that, the pigmentation is amazing from just one swipe - you can see from the pictures! The mattes in particular are so pigmented compared to other matte eye shadows I've tried, they apply well but don't blend in a chunky way.

I would highly recommend this palette to anyone who is makeup obsessed or is feeling a splurge, it's honestly so so gorgeous in person! Otherwise it is a great neutral palette that I can use everyday and will get loads of use out of, so check it out.


Please leave any feedback or comments below!
xoxo

1 comment: