Thursday 19 February 2015

REVIEW & SWATCHES: Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette




I'm finally doing a post on my new love, the Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette by Morphe Brushes. I've tested it out for a few weeks and am able to give a full review, for any of you wishing to purchase it when it comes back in stock on the Morphe Brushes site!






The release for this palette was a JOKE. I woke up at 8am for the pre-sale and the Morphe Brushes site literally collapsed and I was on it for about 3 hours trying to get the palette until I gave up... It turned out that people were hacking the site, causing it to crash, but a day later I attempted again and thankfully got the palette. Since I was so desperate to get through checkout, I didn't bother with the JACKATTACK 10% off code and purchased the palette for approx. £15.00 plus £10.00 international shipping - a pretty good deal for a palette consisting of 28 eyeshadows, less than £1.00 per eye shadow?!

I did have a bit of further trouble with Morphe Brushes since they charged me over £31.00 instead of £25.00, but after a few emails they rightfully refunded my money with no fuss.






The palette contains 17 shimmer shadows and 11 matte shadows, all with a base of warm undertones. The reason I was desperate to get this palette is because I knew that I'd be able to create a ton of looks with it, for day and night and warm tones are my fave.

All the shadows have amazing pigmentation, so the value for money is amazing! They also blend really well, both the shimmers and mattes, so there is honestly nothing I can complain about. The palette itself is also super slim so its great for travel, especially since there is a variety of shadows. My ONLY wish is that there was a matte cream shadow and a matte black, then it would have been a dream... but regardless I am still in love!

Below are swatches of a few of the shadows, so you can get an idea of the pigmentation and intensity.




Shimmer Heaven

Matte Heaven

Keep checking on the Morphe Brushes Instagram page for updates on when the palette will be back in stock, as well as Jaclyn's! What she has achieved by being a Youtuber is seriously inspirational - I cant wait to see what else she produces in the future!

P.S. I was experimenting with this post by making the pictures larger, let me know if you prefer them like this or how they are normally in the comments below.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment