Thursday 26 February 2015

Benefit Porefessional Primer Dupe

I can proudly say that I have found a dupe for the well loved Benefit Porefessional, a primer known to minimise the appearance of pores and smooth the texture of skin. It's crazy popular in the makeup world and has been voted as best primer MANY times, but it's price of £24.50 is a downfall...
While playing with the skin enhancers and primers on the No7 counter, I came across their Brilliantly Bare Beauty Enhancer. It is known to smooth away imperfections, minimise the appearance of pores and leaves a matte finish. Also, it is only £12.50?!

BENEFIT POREFESSIONAL

(I have a baby sample size of the Porefessional at the moment)








NO7 BRILLIANTLY BARE






As you can see, both primers have the same consistency of a thick balm but blend into a light-weight formula. The only difference in the primers themselves is that the Benefit one seems to be darker in colour, however both blend into a no-colour base.

The best thing about the No7 Brilliantly Bare is that you get MORE product whilst it being CHEAPER?! The No7 primer has 40ml for £12.50, while the Benefit primer has 22ml for £24.50. Therefore, you can't go wrong when buying the No7 primer - even if you test it on the back of your hand in Boots and rub it into your skin, you'll notice that it feels the exact same as the Porefessional and still has that velvet feel.

I normally apply the primer after my moisturiser has settled into my skin, and before foundation. You can even use it after foundation!
The areas on my face that consist of pores or acne dents are on my nose, on the sides of my nose and the centre of my forehead. Therefore, I only apply the primer in those particular areas - however feel free to apply it wherever you see pores or get oily.


Left - With the No7 Primer
Right - Without the No7 Primer


From the picture above, you can see that the primer helps to reduce the appearance of any dents or pores I have, while also getting rid of the oiliness! Of course the primer isn't going to fill in your pores/dents completely, but it definitely helps to minimise their appearance and creates a great smooth base to apply makeup on top.

I hope this post has provided a dupe for some of you who love the Porefessional and want to save yourselves some money, or for those that are looking for a new primer! I definitely recommend the No7 Brilliantly Bare since its the only dupe I've found for the Porefessional, and is the best drugstore primer I've tried. If anyone knows of any other good drugstore primers, please let me know in the comments below!
xoxo


2 comments: