Sunday 31 August 2014

Drugstore Back To School Makeup

(Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I was away in France!!)


I came up with a step-by-step makeup look for anyone going back to school, college or university and wants something REALLY quick and simple, whilst keeping it all drugstore! Please remember that this look is suited to my preference and what I prefer to wear to school, but of course you can apply less or more than I have, whatever you like.

P.S. I was using natural light for these pictures and the sun washed out a lot of the colour
ONE
After you've applied your moisturiser, go ahead and even out your base with a liquid or powder foundation. If you have flawless skin then honest to god, don't bother with this step, it'll save time!
I went with the L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W3 Golden Beige but only a small amount, and then buffed really well with a RT Buffing Brush- remember to blend it down your neck! Most of the time, I go for my Bare Minerals Original Foundation so have a look in your local drugstore for a cheap alternative if you prefer light-weight powders!








TWO
Next go onto your concealer. As you can see I have quite dark bags under my eyes from lack of sleep haha, which we all have before school! So apply it under your eyes, in the centre of your forehead for a highlight and around the sides of your nose since we all get red there. For school I have used the LA GIRL Pro Concealer in Creamy Beige and blended it out with a damp RT Miracle Complexion Sponge.




I know I look crazy


THREE
To set everything and prevent any shine in the day, I used my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent with a big fluffy Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face Brush. Lightly dust this over the T-Zone and use the RT Setting Brush to apply it under the eyes.





Tap the excess off of the brush




FOUR
Next I go onto brows using my ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium. For school I recommend to only fill in the sparse areas and maybe define the shape if you need to! I used the dark wax to define the underneath of my brows and the arch, and then went to the powder on the right to fill in the rest lightly with a MAC 266 Brush.



First brush them through with a spoolie brush




Brush upwards at the front of the brow to feather the product out


To set them in place, I used my No7 Lash & Brow Perfector which is usually clear but mine is nasty and brown from using it so much haha!





FIVE
For school, I don't bother with bronzer and contouring because I just can't be bothered, but I always apply blush! It makes the biggest difference to your face and creates the look of healthier skin, so never skip blush.
I used the Milani Luminoso Baked Blush with a MAC 129 brush, in circular motions on the apple of my cheeks and back towards my hair line.






SIX
I then go onto my eyes, for which I curled my eyelashes and then applied mascara to both top and bottom lashes, using the Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara. To get the best effect, wiggle your brush at the base of your lashes for a few seconds and then swipe up!






P.S. If you get any on your lids (which I do most mornings) then wait for the mascara to dry and flake it off with a cotton bud.
If I have extra time in the morning, then I'll grab a neutral shimmery shade and apply it onto my lidswith my fingertip!
SEVEN
Lastly I do my lips. For something easy, just go with a chapstick or any lip balm. But for some colour, I used the L'Oreal Collection Privee Lipstick in Julianne's Nude for a subtle pink with a glossy finish.








I hope you all enjoyed this post and remember to feel free to add less or more steps for your own school makeup.
Please leave any feedback or questions in the comments!
xoxo


2 comments: