Wednesday 22 February 2017

HOW TO: Clean Your False Lashes



It surprises me how so many people don't know that they should clean their false lashes after every use?! I realised when I helped my bestie apply her false lashes and they were covered in lash glue and mascara, I literally couldn't reapply them without giving them a clean. It's not technically a must, obviously there are no rules to makeup, but cleaning your falsies really helps to increase the longevity of them. Therefore, giving them a good clean after every use will allow you to get more uses out of them overall. 

The main things to conquer when cleaning your lashes is to get rid of 
1. lash glue 
2. mascara and eye liner



I normally give my lashes a clean the morning after a night out - that way they're all good for me to reapply when I'm getting ready the next time. Here is a look at my Huda Beauty Samantha Lashes after I used them for a full glam makeup look!





1. PICK OFF THE GLUE

First thing to do is get out your tweezers and start picking off the dried up eyelash glue. Be careful when doing so to make sure you don't pull out any of the individual lashes! Most glue will be on the lash band, both front and back.






2. WIPE OFF MASCARA AND LINER

The easiest way that I've found to get the bulk of my mascara and eye liner off my lashes is to use a makeup/baby wipe. 


I press down on the lashes whilst they're on the wipe to get off all the makeup. Don't be too vigorous because false lashes are delicate! I press down from the lash band and down all the lashes, multiple times, both on the front and back. I basically press do this until I don't see anymore black makeup coming off them.






3. ANOTHER TWEEZE

I go in with my tweezers again just to make sure that I get off all the glue that I can. Some glue is so tiny and invisible, especially if it's black because it's covered in eye liner, so I'll sometimes sit there for ages trying to get off all the glue.



Whilst doing this, I clean off the glue that gets stuck to my tweezers onto the wipe.

and then... They're good as new!


I hope this blog post was useful in learning how to clean your falsies - I've noticed it's made a huge difference to how my lashes appear when I wear them and I can get way more uses out of them. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below or message me on Instagram or via email. I'll speak to you all in my next post!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment