Thursday 3 July 2014

Pop of Colour and Summer Coat

I never normally go for these sort of makeup looks but whilst experimenting one day, this pop of purple bounced into my thoughts and the look turned out amazing!

The key item for this makeup look turned out to be my Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette, featuring the shades 'Vodoo' and 'Betrayal' under the lower lash line.





The palette on it's own is a stand out with 17 shimmer shades and 3 matte shades. I simply applied 'Habit' all over the lid and up to the brow bone, and then 'Rewind' lightly in the crease with a MAC 217 brush to softly blend it. To even out the look of my eyes, I applied a fairly thick cat eye wing with my Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner in Black with a Real Techniques Silicone liner brush.
  
Then came the fun part, the pop of purple!! I applied the shade 'Voodoo' tight to the base of the lower lashes and then blended that out with 'Betrayal', quite a few times so I could achieve the most pigment.





Urban decay shadows are overall highly pigmented and can be easily blended, however if you're a bit weary of the bright purple then maybe add a light amount under your lower lashes and blend it out with 'Rewind'. Although I received a lot of compliments on this look so defo try it out!!

Incase anyone was wondering, the lipstick I paired it with was MAC Angel lipstick.

My light pink summer coat that I wore with this look is my new favourite and one I wanted for AGES, which is the ASOS Fluffy Cocoon Coat. I luckily managed to get it when it was reduced, always keep an eye out on ASOS's twitter page for their sales! But the coat easily makes an outfit stand out since I wore it with a simple white tee and black jeans.



I hope you all liked this post, please feel free to leave any feedback in the comments!
xoxo



1 comment: