Saturday 12 July 2014

Sultry Purple Look




Hey guys! This was the look I wore to a recent Benefit Recruitment day, decided to go all out to showcase my skills! ;) It features the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette and a classic winged liner, definitely an eye-catching look!






To achieve it, I primed my eyes firstly with Mica Beauty Eye Primer, to create a blank base. Then I went straight in with 'Rewind' into the crease using a MAC 217 brush, creating a soft transition.

Next I applied a mixture of 'Voodoo' all over the lid and 'Betrayal' toward the inner third, using a MAC 239 brush.



 For a subtle hint of definition in the outer V of the eye, I applied Mystery Eyeshadow by MAC with the same 217 brush, which is a smokey dark chocolate brown shade.
 In the waterline I applied L'Oreal Le Smoky Eye Pencil in Black, whilst smudging it down onto the lower lash line. From there I took 'Coax' from the Vice 2 Palette and used the tip of the 239 brush to run it along the lower lash line, so there was a nice contrast of pink and purple.


To achieve the winged liner I used Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid eye liner, which may seem daunting but the brush tip is so fine that it's the easiest way to create a thin pointy wing!
For mascara, I went for the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara.

For those interested in my lip combo, I used a mixture of MAC's Angel and Twig lipstick to create the best nudey pink for my skin tone.

Please leave any feedback in the comments!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment